Monday, September 10, 2007

Is there a DOCTOR in the house!!


Ok all you moms out there. Here is a tip that may save you a lot of heartache. ALWAYS check the seams on a stuffed animal or doll before you put them in the washing machine!!! As you can see Katie's build a bear has an open wound. I came home from an auction tonight and Wade yells at me from downstairs to come and look. I come down the stairs and he asks me what are we going to do about this. Is there a doctor that can fix it. The bear even lost the heart they put in there. I washed the bear last night with a load of towels. Wade had come down to change them over and found this. He took everything out of the washer and piled it on the sink. He cleaned out the washer and walked out of the laundry room for me to perform surgery. FYI... they put a whole lot of stuffing in this bear. It is everywhere. I am having to shake off the towels into the sink and put the stuffing back in. After that the towels will go back in the wash and maybe all the fuzz will come off. I am hoping to get it sewed up and Katie be none the wiser. I hope this piece of advice will save someone else from having to do open butt surgery on a bear.
Right after all this happened I had to call my friend Lauren. She proceeds to tell me to get off the phone and get my camera and post on my blog. I hope she realizes that not all the crazy stuff happens to just her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will have to keep that in mind. I usually wash Summer's bears on gentle cycle. I did have a chenille blanket a few weeks ago that disentegrated in the washing machine...BIG MESS!!!

Hollye said...

Ummm...I think the people at Build-a-bear told me that the only bear that is machine washable was the asthma free bear. I do know that if you take your bear back, they will repair it for you. One of the seams came out in mine and they actually replaced the entire bear.

Also, one thing that I always do it put the bear is a pillow case, knot the pillow case and then wash in on the gentle or hand wash cycle. I try to let it air dry and much as I can. If I can't, I toss him in the dryer for like 15 minutes on medium. My 2 year old is usually standing right next to the dryer waiting for him to come out.

Oh...just so you don't think I am some crazy person, I found your blog through Lauren's.